Clare and I started our day with a walk, the same walk we took daily when I was on maternity leave, only this time we stopped at the park for some swinging and sliding. I loved taking our daily walks, the rest of the day felt so good; even if I didn’t really accomplish anything I had exercised which was productive. Kai was nearly beside herself when I loaded up the BOB and got her leash out, she was thrilled to go for a walk.
The last time we were at the park Clare went down the slide with a little help from Dada, he climbed the steps and helped her get started. This time, she did it all by herself! She began to climb the steps all by herself, at first I expected her to stop and play on the landing, I was wrong, she climbed all the way to the top! She needed a little encouragement to sit down, so I climbed up the slide and rode down before her. Her face was all smiles on the way down. Once she got to the bottom she climbed down and ‘ran’ back to the steps to do it all over again.
The hardest part was that first step, after that she didn't need any help.
Still climbing...
She made it!
There was just a little bit of static on the slide.
After a drink in the shade we made our way back home. We were scheduled to meet Sarah and Talon for lunch so we packed up the car and got on our way.
Talon was born July 25th, so he’s just over a month old, I’d forgotten how tiny a 5 week old is! I loved holding him, he was so squishy and warm, and had that sweet baby smell. To say that Clare was confused watching me hold a baby would be an understatement, she was not impressed. I tried to tell her that he was just our lunch date and that he would go home with Sarah and that she would always be MY baby. It was fun holding him and helping her with her lunch, it’s amazing what you can do with one hand. Clare has some growing and learning before having a little brother or sister.
I’m already looking forward to our next Monday, maybe we’ll visit IKEA, or maybe we’ll go to the zoo, heck, maybe we’ll just stay home and play with our babies.
No comments:
Post a Comment