Saturday, August 13, 2011

Dada Daughter Morning


I remember a number of Saturday mornings where my Dad and I would go to the Chef-O-Nette for breakfast, we’d sit at the counter and enjoy breakfast together; we even got to the point where the waitress knew what we’d order.  I loved those mornings, it was just the two of us, I had his full attention and we’d talk about everything. Those mornings weren’t anything fancy, but they are memories of my Dad and mornings that were ours together. 

I had to work today, like most Saturdays, so Jeff and Clare spent the morning together.  While I was working Jeff sent me a few text messages, I love it when he does this, it means the world to me to see my little girl and know what she’s up to while I’m away.  While I wish I were there enjoying the morning with her I know they are having fun and she loves having her Dada all to her self. 

There was a house showing from 9-11am so they headed out to breakfast at Village Inn.  Jeff reported that she enjoyed her French toast and ate the strawberries first, even before the banana.  She also loved the strawberry syrup; I can only imagine how messy it was.






















After breakfast they headed over to the farmers market for some fresh veggies and fruit.  There is a fountain in the middle of the farmers market where kids are able to run and play, apparently Clare got lose enough to get wet but didn’t run thru them. 






















I’m glad that Clare and Jeff have Dada Daughter days together, I miss hanging out with them, and I sometimes think they have more fun without me, but I know they are having fun.  I hope that Jeff will continue sending me pictures and giving me a glimpse of their day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment