Monday, March 26, 2012

Weekend Recap


This weekend Jeff suggested we drive over to Breckenridge for lunch, I’m not sure who was more excited about the idea, me or Clare who was immediately ready to get in the car.  I love having little family adventures, making memories, and Jeff hardly ever suggests them so when he does I feel like they are that much more exciting and enjoyable. 

It was a beautiful day and the drive was relaxing.  We hoped that Clare would nap, but she decided she’d rather share the pretzels and look out the window with us.  Oh well, she was still in good spirits when we arrived and headed to Downstairs at Eric’s for lunch.  She asked for pizza, and ate the entire mini pizza that arrived at the table, high altitude makes her hungry. 

After lunch we did a bit of window shopping and checking out the local shops.  I knew Clare would love the toy store, the Hobby Horse in the back proved to be a favorite, but not as much as the kitchen and grocery cart. 






















The train table was also a big hit, she loved pushing the trains around and saying 'Chooo Chooo!'

















Clare is expressing her independence more and more, this weekend it was in the form of refusing to sit in the stroller.  The sidewalks weren’t too busy, but busy enough that I would have preferred her to be in the stroller, but she was having none of it!  Jeff and I finally decided we should head back to the car before she lost her cool.  On our walk back to the car we saw some horses, which thrilled Clare. 

Clare’s current obsession is horses; all things ‘horsies’ are her favorite.  When we drive we point out all the horses, we neigh like horses and talk about horses.  I hope we can orchestrate a visit with some horses or even maybe a ride on a pony this summer.   Sunday evening while Clare was eating dinner the horses that live behind us came over to the fence, of course we went out for a quick hello.
















Both horses came up for a nose rub from Jeff.  Clare was pretty excited.

















This horse is completely brown, dark dark brown, except for his right back foot which is white.  Wonder what it's name is?
















I’m loving spring up here, I can’t wait for summer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment