This weekend was another perfect weekend, filled with fun, family time and beautiful weather. Driving home form dinner this evening I was thinking about how much my life has shifted, three years ago I would have been working long hours and stressing about every last detail of summer with only 75 days left before Memorial Day. This year, I’m much more relaxed and able to leave work at work, when I’m home all I want to do is play with Clare and be home. I will say that living up here has helped; it’s easy to forget about the hustle bustle of life when you’re looking at Mt. Evans from every room.
Saturday was Dada Daughter day, which they spent napping and playing at the park after lunch out. Clare absolutely loves the park, she could play for hours, climbing up and down the steps and swinging in the swings.
I had decided on Friday that Sunday would be the perfect day for a trip to the zoo, the weather was supposed to be beautiful. Clare did exceptionally well with the time change, she slept until 8:15am, so her normal 7:15am; I was thrilled! Clare and I enjoyed a leisurely breakfast while Jeff slept a bit longer and I debated about the weather, it snowed! Clare was VERY excited about going to the zoo, asking to see the tigers, monkeys, zebras, and peacocks; she woke up and immediately said ‘go see tigers?’ Dada finally got up so we decided to go ahead and go to the zoo, I’m so glad we did because the weather was beautiful!!!!
Clare enjoyed visiting with the zebra’s and even pointed out an ostrich, again I have no idea where she learned what an ostrich is but I’m glad she knows.
When we went over to the polar bears they were both up and moving around, one looked as though he was knocking on the door, I wonder what he wanted to do inside.
There were two baby leopards playing outside, they were pretty cute.
Apparently the peacocks have free reign of the zoo, they were all over the place. Clare spotted on in an open area so Jeff and she walked over to get a closer look, unfortunately it had it’s back to us the entire time but that didn’t stop me from climbing into the bushes to get a front view.
We had an up close encounter with a peacock at lunch, it walked right by our table! Clare thought it was pretty cool, as did we.
Daylight savings did catch up to us after lunch, Clare was pretty tired. After walking all morning she did NOT want to sit in the stroller but very much wanted to ride the carousel; thankfully Jeff was happy to carry her to the carousel. I’m glad we decided to get in line when we did, we only had to wait one turn, when she got off there was a line all the way back to the ticket booth! Jeff rode the carousel this time, Clare chose a zebra for her ride, unfortunately I wasn’t able to get a great picture.
After the carousel we headed for the car, Clare finally sat down and let me push her; she was exhausted. After loading up the car and weaving our way out of the parking garage Clare was out before we reached the road. It was a wonderful day and I can’t wait to do it again.


No comments:
Post a Comment