Monday, March 12, 2012

Park x2


Today was yet another beautiful day, and according to the weather reports we’re supposed to have an entire week of beautiful weather.   Clare slept in a bit this morning, it was wonderful to hear her sweet voice saying ‘Mama, mama where are you’ at 8:30am.  When I walked in she smiled and said ‘Hi Mama!’ and then promptly asked to wear her purple dress, most mornings she’ll point out what she wants to wear as soon as you walk in the door.

We followed our typical Monday morning routine, breakfast and lounging and then cleaning before setting out for errands.  Clare is a big help when it comes to cleaning, give her a wipe and she’ll go to town on everything she can reach, if I’m vacuuming she’ll gladly help by moving things out of the way or putting toys away, all after she uses her own vacuum of course. 

After cleaning Clare and I were on our way.  She immediately wanted to go to the park; luckily she wasn’t too upset when I told her we needed to go to the store first, although that didn’t keep her from asking to go to the park every 5 minutes. 

The park was a busy place; there were a number of mom’s and preschoolers eating lunch and playing on the jungle gyms.  Clare enjoyed some goldfish and then climbed the steps to the slide at least a dozen times, only going down the slide once.  After a ride in the swing we decided to go home for lunch and a nap, we were both pretty tired. 






















As soon as Clare woke up from her nap she asked to go to the park.  So, we called Jeff and told him we were on our way and to meet us there.  It was such a nice afternoon, visiting the park twice was a perfect way to enjoy it.  This visit Clare decided to go down the slide, and after the first trip on her own she was hooked!! 




Of course Jeff encouraged her to try the big kid slide also.




I’m thinking of taking Wednesday afternoon off so we can take advantage of the weather, I’d rather be at the park with Clare than at work any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment