Grammy and Grampy came to town on Wednesday evening, Clare was excited to see them and start a long weekend of celebrating. It was nice to take some time off and enjoy being with family, time always goes so quickly and we all wish the stay would be longer. I think we envision time to talk and just be, no matter what we always run out of time.
Grammy brought Clare a very special gift, Sissy. Sissy is Chrissy’s sister and was wearing pj’s that Grammy made; of course Grammy brought Clare a pair of matching pj’s. Clare immediately took to Sissy, the zipper on her pj’s and her eyes that open and close keep Clare busy. Thank you Mom, for taking the time to make a pair of pj’s for Sissy, I know they were stitched with love and care and will be well loved, just like Chrissy’s have been for the past 30 years.
Kenny made the trip, he'd never miss a First Birthday Party. Sissy luckily didn't mind being held by the feet or being tossed around, being loved can be hard work.
Clare loved playing with Grampy and Sissy.
Thursday we shopped until we dropped, REI, Kohl’s, and Target bags all filled the car. In the afternoon we went up to Evergreen, it was windy and cold but still beautiful. The more times we go up there the more I can see living up there. After our little trip to the mountains we joined up with Andrew for dinner. Clare was a real trooper, she only napped in the car but she hung in there and was a delight.
We headed out Friday with a little bit of a different plan; our goal was to be home in time for a nap. Andrew had Jury duty, so we weren’t sure when we’d meet up with him. We set out early and were at REI (downtown) by 10. Grampy and Clare enjoyed walking around, watching the people and checking out what there was to see while Grammy and I looked for the perfect jackets. Luckily they had three, a new green puffy jacket for mom, a light purple jacket for me, and a purple jacket for Clare. After REI we caught up with Andrew, he had a break from Jury duty so we headed for lunch at Heidi’s, Clare enjoyed a grilled cheese and some egg salad. After lunch we headed to Title XI so we could check out the Horny Toad selection and use a coupon I had. Clare napped in the car with Grampy and Andrew while Grammy and I shopped. When we got back to the car Clare was awake, so we all walked to the Starbucks for something to drink, on our walk Clare pointed out a toy store, of course we had to check it out. Kazoo and Company is a great toy store, one I’ll have to remember for when I need that specific toy that Target doesn’t carry but would be just perfect. Grammy did a little bit of Birthday shopping while Grampy and Clare checked out the bins of stuff animals and finger puppets.
Dinner was at home on Thursday night, we thought Clare would benefit from an early bedtime after such a busy day and carry-in Chinese sounded pretty good. Jeff had been busy at home preparing for Saturday so cooking wasn’t really on the top of his list of things to do. It was nice to eat in; I think we all enjoyed the relaxing evening.
Hey Grammy, can I look at the Chinese menu??
Uncle A is always ready to get on the floor and play, he was making Clare laugh pretty hard by bouncing the ball, easily the funniest thing that happened all day for her.
Wouldn't be a day at Clare's house without pulling all the books off the shelf.
Saturday was all about Clare. I woke up early to finish cleaning and getting ready; no matter how who is coming to my house I want it to be clean. Once Grammy and Grampy showed up Grammy and I ran out for balloons and flowers, Clare LOVED the balloons. Her party was low key, but perfect. She enjoyed playing with her friend McClellan and eating lunch with everyone. She liked her cake and made a mess, it was so much fun watching her enjoy her cake. The party ended with her going upstairs for a bath and a nap, she was a tired little girl.
It was a wonderful visit; we had fun talking, laughing, shopping, eating, playing, and just being together. Saying goodbye is always the hardest part, nobody likes it. Clare was sad to see them go, she had fun playing and showing off her newfound balance, Grampy is always up for a walk or watching her climb the steps. Grammy is the best shopping partner; she always knows where to go and how to have a good time. I hope our schedules allow for another visit soon, maybe this summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment