Monday, November 29, 2010

Mama

My day has arrived. Clare has finally given me the name I have dreamed of for so long. While I’ve been her Mama since July ’09, this weekend she finally called me Mama.

When she first started calling Jeff Dada I was thrilled, it was so nice to hear her voice and see her eyes light up when he came in the room and her calling out his name. I knew in her own time I’d get the same reaction from her, she was just keeping those sweet words to herself until she was ready.

My parents swore they heard her say it; I believed them but was a little hesitant, as I didn’t hear it myself. Later she said it again; clear as day and with the most beautiful voice I’ve ever heard. Since then she has been saying all the time. Each time I hear her speak those words my heart melts and I fall deeper in love with her.

Clare, you are my world and I love you more than anything. Thank you for giving me a name and letting me listen to your sweet voice.


2 comments: