Tonight, as I put her to bed, I stared at her and drank her all in. Her tiny little nose, full cheeks, thin lips, the dimple on her right cheek, the top of her ear slightly folded over. Every little bit of her is perfect and unique. People comment on how much she looks like me, which I tend to agree with. She has my fair skin and light hair. Whether she looks like me or not, she is her own perfect little self and she’ll grow up looking like Clare.
It’s getting hard to snap her picture without her moving, a good thing I suppose. I set up her chair, Truman and Chrissy this morning, now that it’s getting dark at 4:30pm I knew pictures this evening would be difficult; plus her shirt would be soaked with a days worth of drool.
This weekend Clare and I shopped at Kohl’s, they were having a great sale and Grandma Gail and Grandpa Greg had sent her a little money for a new toy, so off we went. She picked out two new toys, Scout the dog and a book that plays nursery rhymes and plays music (sadly only a few). Scout the dog talks to Clare, and knows her name. It’s a toy that you can hook up to the computer and input info (favorite color, name, favorite foods, animals etc). Clare doesn’t have an overabundance of toys so these two were a welcome addition to the mix.
No comments:
Post a Comment