This past Monday Clare and I made a special trip down the
hill to watch Jeff play softball. This
is the first game we’ve been to this season; the weather and times haven’t been
in our favor to make it to more games.
Fortunately the weather was perfect and it was a 6:15 game.
We met at the park for a few minutes of fun before heading
over to the softball fields. Clare
immediately ran over to the jungle gym and climbed right up onto the platform
with the bridge. Being the Mama that I
am I went after her and began jumping on the bridge; at first she said ‘no do
that Mama!’ but then she started laughing!
Jeff and I both took turns bouncing the bridge; Clare thought it was a
lot of fun! I guess she’s gotten over her fear of the bridge.
I packed a picnic dinner for the game, Clare loved eating on
the bleachers and watching the game. She
enjoyed turkey, cheese, a gogurt (yogurt in a tube essentially) and some
blueberries. Clare had a lot of fun opening and closing the
cooler and using it as a table. One of
the lessons I learned about picnic packing is to hide the dessert; it was hard
to get her to finish her dinner once she spotted the cookies.
Clare was a great cheerleader for her Dada, when he went up
to bat she clapped and was the first to cheer when he ran the bases.
After the game we joined the team for a little dinner at the
South Platte Bar and Grill. I especially
enjoyed this part, when Jeff and I were dating I would go with them after each
game and remember having a lot of fun.
Clare was a perfect little girl and won over the waitress with her smile
and manners.
I’m sorry that it’s taken us this long to get to a game,
hopefully some of the summer Thursday evening games will be a little earlier
and we will be able to make more of them.
The summer league also plays at a park where there’s a playground, I’m
sure that will be a huge hit with a certain someone.




No comments:
Post a Comment