Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day Memories

Today was a wonderful Memorial Day spent together making memories, I took the day off despite it being the first official day of summer and Jeff never needs more than one reason to take a day off.  It was nice to spend a day together just being us, no plans no schedule just being.  Clare of course wanted to go to the park and I of course wanted to run errands, Jeff of course said ‘I don’t care’ to all suggestions of things to do.

After a rather whiny morning we loaded up and headed out. Our first destination was the park, until Clare fell asleep, so shopping it was.  Jeff and I both wanted to get new glasses so we seized the day and headed to the mall, Jeff’s least favorite place.  Clare was great at the mall, her first trip without a stroller; she carried her baby the entire time and listened pretty well.  Jeff and I took turns in the glasses place; there was a small carousel just out front, which was far more exciting than looking at glasses. 






















Once the glasses were picked out, sized, ordered and paid for we headed for lunch.  Again, Clare was perfect, even with the 30minute wait for our food to arrive.  Towards the end of lunch Clare announced that she was tired and needed a nap.

Jeff had the great idea of taking the long way home in hopes that Clare would fall asleep, too bad Clare wanted to enjoy the view as much as we did.  We drove thru Clear Creek Canyon and enjoyed every minute.  Clare kept talking about how the water was dirty and we told her baby that she couldn’t go in.  Eventually Clare did fall asleep, in her bed at 3:30pm.  Oh well, the drive was nice and we all enjoyed it.

After naps and a little quiet time it was time to play!!  Jeff started a small fire on the deck and Clare roasted her first marshmallow.  Clare is a pretty cautious person, wanting to watch before trying something new, roasting marshmallows was no different.  She seemed to enjoy holding the marshmallow close to the fire, but had no interest in eating them. 































Clare loves to play both inside and outside, she can open the door herself and more often than not remembers to close it behind her.  Inside there was a wild tea party going on.  She likes playing with her new wildlife, especially the goat and the caribou.  Much like the dog that Sarah and Andrew had when they were little, the caribou seems to like tickling Clare, and only Clare.  Every time she goes to pet the caribou it runs up her arm and tickles her, interestingly it doesn’t do that when Jeff pets it. 

















Jeff had a bit of an adventure this afternoon; he climbed his new ladder all the way to the top to replace the smoke detector battery that’s been beeping for the last few days.  I'm not sure who appreciates this more, myself or Kai.  Kai is pretty freaked out by the sound of the beeping, it's pretty funny.  If you’ve ever wondered why I refer to our new house as the Tree House you can see why.  Hopefully that battery lasts until March 2016 like is says and he doesn't have to climb the tree again anytime soon. 























It's a good thing he stood there and waited, the darn thing kept beeping even with the new battery!






















Bitty decided she wanted to see what the ladder was all about.






















Today was a wonderful day; I wish we had more days like today.  I love spending time with my two favorite people.  As we drove around today I kept thinking of all the things I want to do as a family this summer, I can’t wait for our next day together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment