This week is somewhat of a special week; Clare is home with
us while Karen is in Minnesota remembering her brother Craig that passed away
last week. We hate the Karen had to
leave for such a reason but we’re loving having Clare all to ourselves. We’ve had to divide and conquer a little bit,
this is the height of my busy season (pools open next weekend) and Jeff is
helping out at another facility. So,
Clare is staying home with Jeff on Wednesday and Friday while I take
Thursday.
I left for work before Clare woke up today, it killed me not
to see her before my day; I hate that feeling and wish for nothing more than to
see my little Lady. I worked hard all
day and kept an eye on the clock thinking of when I could go home, I don’t like
knowing that Clare and Jeff are at home having fun without me.
As soon as I could I left work and headed up the hill. When I got home everyone was playing outside,
even Kai greeted me in the driveway before I parked the car. The highlight of my day was when Clare,
dressed in her pink boots, pink leggings and Missouri sweatshirt game running
up before I could even get out of the car.
Clare wanted to drive the car,
and who was I to say no. She had a lot
of fun turning the radio on and off, beeping the horn, turning the AC on full
blast and putting the key in and out of the ignition, she even figured out how
to start the car.
The thought of her driving makes me nervous; thankfully I
have a good 14 years to warm up to the idea. Hopefully she likes driving the Murano when she's old enough, it was bought with her in mind after all.



No comments:
Post a Comment