Well, here we are in my least favorite month of the year,
only 6 days until the outdoor pools need to be open for the swim team and 19
days until everything needs to be finished for opening day. More importantly, just 124 days until they
close and I can relax. I dread this time
of year, while others are anxiously awaiting the warm summer sun I’m scrambling
to hire and train the best high school and college students I can find, a task
I try to perfect each year and yet still seem to miss the mark on someone. I will say that this is the first spring
that I’ve been somewhat relaxed, I’m working hard not to stress about the
little things and let things fall into place.
We’ll see if my new more relaxed attitude pays off, ask me on September
9th.
I am so thankful for my Monday’s this time of year, as
difficult as it is to take a weekday off it’s completely worth it. I had every intention of bringing home some
work this weekend, but with a power failure and needing to get to another facility
to teach a class I forgot my bag. It was
the best thing I could have done for myself, it’s been so nice to not work for
two days, I love my days at home with Clare and Jeff, its just where I want to
be.
The weather has been exceptionally nice lately, it was so
warm on Friday afternoon that I wore shorts on the deck, it’s a good thing Jeff
and Clare both had sunglasses as my fair skin was blinding. Unfortunately, the warm weather didn’t stick
around for the entire weekend. Saturday
I had to work as usual so Jeff and Clare were on their own. I love coming home on Saturday afternoons
because Clare is so genuinely happy to see me, it melts my heart to hear her
yell my name and run to the top of the steps.
When I’m at work I wonder what they are doing and wish that I were home
with them, but also know that Clare needs her time with just Dada and that they
are having fun so I just work as fast as possible so I can get home to my two
favorite people.
Sunday was a lazy day around home. The weather turned pretty cold and crummy by
afternoon, so it was the perfect day to pull all the toys off the shelf and
dump them all over the floor. Clare had
a ball ‘zooming’ the cars across the floor and off the landing causing multiple
crashes on the steps below. She worked
on her overhand throwing skills by throwing various balls around the house, and
again over the landing down the steps.
There was lots of cooking in the kitchen and ‘cupping’ various
vegetables, taking babies for walks, and playing with princesses. A lazy
Sunday was just what we needed after a long weekend.
Of course no Sunday would be complete without calling GG and
PawPaw on the computer. She is always
excited to sing her latest song, show them her latest trick or just share a toy
with them. This week Clare did an
exceptional job of sitting in front of the computer, most days she runs around
and they don’t get to see her but hear her.
Tomorrow is GG’s birthday, Clare was more than happy to sing Happy
Birthday a few days early, I’m guessing she’ll call again on Tuesday to sing it
again, she never turns down an opportunity to sing or see GG.
This morning we woke up, after sleeping in until 8:30, to
nearly two inches of snow!
We went from
a warm afternoon on the deck Friday to turning the fireplace on today. Jeff also decided to take a personal day, so
it was like a bonus family day. Clare
and I spent the morning playing and cleaning as we normally do. I finally got the floors mopped, holy wow
where they nasty, and Clare had fun playing in the basement. After lunch Clare took a long nap while I did
the laundry and cleaned the bathroom, my typical Monday afternoon routine, Jeff
spent the afternoon reading SI and watching TV, a much better Monday than
sitting at work. After Clare woke up we
headed out for a little shopping, we were running low on some essential items
so we took advantage of the slow Monday afternoon crowd at Wal-Mart. Another bonus about this Monday was that
Jeff’s softball game was cancelled; I’m not sure who was more excited, me or
him.
Oh, and Clare dressed herself today, can you tell? She didn't want to wear the pants I pulled out, so shorts it was. When she saw her swimsuit on the shelf she decided she needed it also.
Tomorrow is the start of another busy week; hopefully the
last two late nights for me, getting home at 9pm is for the birds! I’m looking forward to teaching my last class
of the spring, as much as I enjoy teaching I wish the classes weren’t always in
the evenings and on the weekends. Here’s
to hoping I can get everything I need to do done.


No comments:
Post a Comment