Today Kai celebrated her 3rd birthday, 21st if you’re counting in dog years. While it was just another typical day at our house we did wish her a happy day. Jeff mentioned maybe he’d give her a beer now that she’s old enough to legally drink, I’m not sure she needs a beer, she’s already a spaz.
While driving today I tried to think of all the things she’s done in 3 short years. Here's a quick look back.
While Jeff and I were off getting hitched she read the Bible in its entirety, maybe she was offering her prayers to us. In our house if you have a question you’ll have to ask her, she’s the last one to have seen it in one piece.

She has mastered the art of climbing the fence and taking her self on a walk.
She has decided that she should have two beds, the futon in the front room and her bed in our bedroom. How is it that the dog has two beds and I only have one?!?

She has perfected the art of escaping the back deck and getting in to the house (opening not one but TWO doors to do so) at Greg and Gail’s house.

Made herself at home in Gail’s dining room each time she’s been there, 3 times and counting :)

Visited the St. Louis Arch and waited in the car during the 2009 Missouri State High School Class IV Championship game, Webb City won.

Had her picture taken at the Columns on the MIZZOU campus.

Swam in Grand Lake Oklahoma. Tommy threw her ball more times than one can count, I think Tommy was tired before Kai.

Welcomed Clare into her pack.
A few things Kai likes to do...
If given a toy she'll chew it into pieces in record time.
Kai loves to swim. She likes pools, ponds, lakes, hoses, and kiddie pools, she's equal opportunity. If there's water, she'll be in it.
Puppy Paddle 2009, the only day of the year I can take her to work with me and not have to try and keep her out of the pool.
Her very own pool!
Her first swimming lesson, July 2008 at Lake Dillon. She wasn't so sure at first, once she got the hang of it we couldn't get her out.
She likes to watch TV, we got free HBO with this dish.
Jeff will always be her Pack Leader.
February 8, 2008 the day we brought her home.
She will always be able to make Clare laugh.
She will never turn down a treat.
So, Happy Birthday Dog. You're a good dog, you really are. I may yell at you to move, or stop it, or tell you that you stink, but I still love you. I will always let you out in the mornings, generally with a quicker response time when you fart next to my side of the bed. You will always get the leftovers, and I'll take you with me when I go for a walk. I hope you had a good Birthday.
If my Dad were here today he would say..
Had I on a hat, I'd take it off to you.
Had I on a hat, I'd bow and curtsey too.
Had I on a hat, I'd toss it in the blue,
And wish you a happy birthday.
May your big wish come true.
My old roommate told me today that our dog, Mable, is getting a "dog couch" for Christmas. This is the same dog that has pink boots with fur and a vest with a hood to match. OH, and a dresser to put her stuff in.
ReplyDeleteNice pictorial look back at The Life of Kai (so far)! Thanks and glad to be a (small) part! She really is a good dog! Just a bit too smart for her own good sometimes.
ReplyDelete