Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve


It’s finally here, Christmas Eve.  All the presents are wrapped, the stocking stuffers are ready for the stockings, I’m making lists of things to pack and doing laundry so all of my favorite clothes (the only clothes I wear) are ready to go.  I had to work a bit today; otherwise it was a pretty low-key day at our house.  Jeff wasn’t feeling so well and stayed home with Clare while I worked and ran a few last minute errands, yes I went shopping with the zillions of other people. 

This is our 4th Christmas together; on our first Christmas Eve together Jeff made lobster for dinner, I’m sure he didn’t intend to start a tradition but he did.  Tonight Jeff made lobster tails, crab legs, shrimp, stuffing and potatoes; it was delicious, as always, and we were both pretty full by the end of dinner.  As we set the table for dinner, the only time we use the table when it’s just us, I realized another gift I could have gotten him, a meat mallet or some crab leg crackers, oh well, next year.  Being the resourceful guy he is he went out to the garage and came back with a rubber mallet, first time it’s been used I believe.  One or two whacks later and we had some delicious crabmeat.  As I did the dishes and cleaned the kitchen Jeff cracked the remaining crab legs and pulled the meat for crab cakes tomorrow, yum-o!!  What did you have for Christmas Eve dinner; bet it wasn’t as good as ours J






















Clare has been getting tired earlier lately, she’s moved her bedtime back to about 6:45pm, unfortunately she didn’t join us for dinner tonight.  Tonight we sang Christmas carols in the tub and talked about Santa coming as she was falling asleep.  She had no trouble falling asleep, she rarely does, I suppose maybe this will be one of the only Christmas Eve’s she has no trouble falling asleep, it won’t be long before she’ll be trying to stay awake to hear Santa’s sleigh bells or wanting to leave Reindeer food on the front lawn.  I can’t wait for her to wake up and see her first Christmas, even if it is more of a show for us.  I’m looking forward to helping her open her gifts and her playing with her new toys.  I have the camera battery charged and ready to go, all we need is some Starbucks (yes, they are open tomorrow) and a Coke for Jeff. 
















We hope that everyone has a wonderful Christmas tomorrow and that Santa finds your house and brings you everything you asked for.  If you haven’t already, you may want to leave some cookies for Santa (I hear he likes Chocolate Chip Cherry cookies best).

Merry Christmas Everyone!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment