Sunday, December 19, 2010

8 Months Old

Happy 8 Month Birthday Clare!!

How are you already 8 months old, what happened to my tiny little baby that I was just holding in my arms what feels like last week?  You have grown so much in these past 34 weeks. you are becoming your own person and showing us who you are.  I have loved watching you grow and learn everyday, watching you explore the world around you is so much fun. 

 
















You may be 8 months old today, but the onesie you are wearing is a size 3-6 months.  Most of your clothes are now size 6-12 months, although they are a little big.  

















At 8 months old you are becoming more independent.  You have little interest in crawling, although you do scoot across the floor on your bottom.  When you are on your belly you get frustrated, but we keep trying.  Just this weekend Dad and I both watched you scoot towards a toy, finally reaching it and looking so proud of yourself.  You are much more interested in standing up, right now the only place you really have to practice is in your crib or with our support; maybe Santa will bring you a toy that will help you practice your standing.  Tonight, while I was sorting laundry, you stood at the laundry basket without any help.  I wonder if maybe you’ll skip crawling and just move on to walking.








































Food is still one of your favorite things, I sometimes wonder if you’re full but you just keep eating, you don’t dislike much.  You enjoy most vegetables, however dislike my homemade peas, no matter how many times I try to give them to you you still spit them out.  I have made you sweet potatoes, squash, green beans, apples and peas.  Fruit is your favorite, must be because it’s sweet.  You like pears, prunes, apples, bananas, cherries, and the Gerber mixed fruit.  Soon we’ll start giving you real piece of fruit other than banana.  You also really like yogurt, French fries and bread although you don’t eat them too often.

















Wearing your holiday Hanna dress ready for Dad's work party.

You are talking up a storm, filling the air with your beautiful voice telling us what’s on your mind.  Most often you are saying ‘Dada’, you’ve even said “Hi Dad’ a few times.  Mama is something you don’t say as often, but when you do it melts my heart.  While you don’t say my name as often as dada you do get upset when I leave the room.  I know you’ll be fine when I leave, and I don’t like leaving you, but it does make me feel ‘good’ to know you want me.  Sometimes early in the morning I’ll wake up to you talking in your room, if it’s early I’ll just listen to you talk; I sometimes wonder if you’re telling Bunny about your dreams. 

Bunny seems to be your best friend, you like to chew on her corners and hold her over your face as you sleep.  I’ve already gone out and bought another one, just in case.  I keep trying to figure out a time that I can wash Bunny without upsetting you, I don’t want her to be gone for long but she needs a bath.  Other toys that you like are the rock-a-stack, books, anything that crinkles, Fisher Price Little People, the TV remote and my phone.  You’re good at playing by yourself, sometimes you’ll just play while I fold laundry, or we are watching TV. 

This week will be your first Christmas.  We put your tree up last week; Dad did a great job.  You have a few ornaments on the tree, including your handprint and footprint.  We all have matching stockings with our names on them; I hope Santa has a few things to put in yours.  We’ll be spending Christmas morning here at home and then flying (your first airplane ride) to Tulsa, OK where Greg and Gail will meet us and we’ll drive to Joplin.  Grammy and Grampy will be in Cleveland with Maggie and Jack, but I know they’ll be missing you.  Packages have been arriving in the mail all week; you’re a very luck girl and have lots of things to open on Christmas morning.  

















Grammy said that you should open this early, your first Christmas gift.  I helped you with the paper, you eventually got the hang of ripping it.  

















Clare, I love you more than anything in the world, don’t ever forget.  Everyday you make me smile and my heart melts all over again.  My favorite time of day is when we are going to sleep, you snuggle in close and fall asleep in my arms, and I wish I could hold you all night.  When I watch you sleeping I wonder what you’re dreaming about, I hope you only have sweet dreams, but if you do have a bad dream I’ll be right there.  Each night before I go to bed I kiss you goodnight and tell you how much I love you, some nights I go in to check on you a few times.  You are my world.

I love you Clare!!

1 comment:

  1. Betsy, this is so sweet, I almost cried. You are a wonderful mommy.

    ReplyDelete