This weekend we did something I swore I’d never do. Those that know me know that I have
absolutely no desire to ever own a pool or hot tub, to me that is the ultimate
‘bringing your work home with you’ move possible. When we were looking at homes last year I
immediately ruled out, or estimated the cost of removal, those with a hot tub
or pool.
Well, we are now the proud owners of a bright pink 65inch
pool. I will do anything for Clare,
including have a pool.
With the hot weather lately Jeff and I thought maybe a pool
would be a fun thing for Clare to have, so on a recent trip to Wal-Mart we
picked one up for only $10. I figure for
$10 if she has 10 minutes of fun then it’s worth it. I think we’ll spend a lot of time at the pool
this summer if this afternoon is any indication of afternoons to come.
Our intention was to get the pool open on Sunday, but the
hose Jeff bought was too short. So,
after another trip to Wal-Mart for an additional hose we were ready to fill it
up. The other piece of the pool puzzle
was blowing it up. Jeff gave it a try,
and after a few minutes declared he didn’t have enough air. It took me, and my swimmers lungs, about 10
minutes to blow it up. Clare was
immediately excited and wanted to play in the castle. Yup, that’s right she kept calling it a
castle, oh well.
After Clare and Jeff woke up from their Happy Nappies I
suggested a dip in the pool, it didn’t take another word to convince Clare and
get her stripping her clothes off and running for her swimsuit. She didn’t let the cold hose water stop her;
she got right in and started having fun.
Jeff had no trouble turning the hose on Clare before he dipped his feet in to feel the temperature.
The water was pretty chilly, this is as far as Jeff got in. How Clare didn't turn into a popsicle is beyond me.
Every kid should know how to drink from a hose...
Clare did NOT like Jeff touching her chair.
Kai was pretty jealous of Clare's pool, she did put one paw in but Clare pretty quickly told her no! Even if she wasn't invited into the pool Clare was happy to dump water on her.
Clare enjoyed pretending to drink the water, and actually drinking some, but wasn't so happy when she tossed the water up. What goes up must come down.
Maybe the most fun thing to do was get in and out of the pool, wrapping up and putting the chair in and out of the pool.
The fun didn't stop in the pool. We also brought out the new bubble bucket. Clare LOVES blowing bubbles.
While her Baby practiced the freestyle Clare practiced her kicking.
I suppose having a pool isn’t all that bad. I doubt I’ll be using my CPOI certification
and pray I won’t need to use any Lifeguarding skills. It will be a nice way to cool off in the
afternoons and relax on the deck.






No comments:
Post a Comment