Sunday night we had our little Super Bowl party. Jeff fixed lots of good food that was enjoyed by all; Clare loved the artichoke dip and guacamole! While Jeff was fixing Greg graciously hung a curtain rod in the guest bedroom for the new curtains. Gail and Clare had the difficult task of supervising and having a picnic with George. Clare was skeptical of George at first, but he showed her his manners and won her over, it wasn’t long before she was stealing the cookie off of his plate.
Clare stayed up to watch a little bit of the game, she ended up getting pretty tired so we headed up for a bath, but not before practicing pulling up on the table, I guess she wanted some more dip!
Sunday night was another rough night; it took the better part of an hour for her to fall asleep. I finally got her into her crib without her crying but she wasn’t falling asleep. We ended up holding hands thru the slats for a good 15 minutes. While holding her hand I thought that while it may be frustrating that she has trouble falling asleep, it’s moments like that that I will remember forever, I’ll hold her hand any night.
Monday Greg and Gail woke up early to get on the road and hopefully make it home before the weather caught up with them. Fortunately, Gail had another snow day so she didn’t have to use any of her days. Clare woke up to see them off. Seeing them leave is always hard, but we know they’ll be back; Spring Break is only a few weeks away.
No comments:
Post a Comment