Saturday, September 18, 2010

Catching Up

I took some time off this past week to take care of a few things; it was nice to have some extra time with Clare. Thursday I had a Dr. appointment and couldn’t take Clare with me, so she went to Karen’s; I don’t like taking time off while she is at Karen’s, I’d much rather have her with me. So many people tell me how they love taking time off while their child is in daycare, they feel like it’s a vacation and love the time without their child, I just can’t see myself feeling that way, I know my sister agrees with me, maybe we’re the only two.

My parents were also in town for a quick visit on their way up to Glacier for their annual trip, it was so nice to spend some time with them. It worked out that my Mom and Dad were able to go with me to my Dr appointment, no matter how old you are there’s no comfort quite like having your Mom there to make it better.

I really wish this picture were in better focus, I love it. I wish I knew what Clare was telling her :)

Clare was treated on her 5 month birthday to a day at the Outlet Mall with her Grammy and Grampy, she is one lucky girl. It’s safe to say that Mom and I love to spend time together while shopping, we can do some serious damage when we’re together. Not only can we do some damage at the stores, but we can also do some serious damage on food – one of the only ‘positives’ of our not living closer is we can’t eat like we do when we’re together more than once every few months. On our way to the mall we stopped at Panera where we discovered their new cherry vanilla bagels, holy moly are they delicious.

My parents amaze me, I don’t know that I could do all that they do, they are far more active than I would have ever imagined; had you told me 15 years ago that they would be living this lifestyle I would have looked at you funny. I couldn’t be happier for them, they seem happy and to really be enjoying what they are doing. I hope that they have a wonderful time on their trip and enjoy the National Parks. I can’t wait to see the pictures and hear stories of their adventures.

We can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment