Saturday, December 1, 2012

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas!

The first thing Clare said when I walked in the door this afternoon was 'Mama, let's put up the Christmas Tree!!'  How could I say no to such a sweet little girl, especially when Jeff had already hauled the tree up from the basement. Clare was a big help, she tried folding the bubble wrap back up when she saw Jeff putting it back in the box.  Does it surprise you that Jeff puts the tree back in it's original packaging each year?


Clare was a huge help when it came to decorating the tree, she did all the lower ornaments while Jeff helped with the higher ones. 


We went with the less is more approach this year.  We hung a few new ornaments, a few old ones and my absolute favorites.  Of course Grand is the angel on top, it wouldn't be a Christmas tree without him. 


Merry Christmas!!!


After decorating the tree and hanging the stockings by the chimney with care Clare and Jeff read The Elf On The Shelf. 


I spy Miss Allie Evergreen.  I sure hope she doesn't try and use the lighter fluid and zippo that are up there!


Before bed Clare had a very special treat, GG read her The Night Before Christmas. 


I so wish this picture was in focus, I love it.  Clare wanted to say Goodnight to Allie Evergreen after reading the book and watching the movie.  She was very careful and didn't touch her, she didn't want her to lose her magic. 


I'm so glad Clare is getting into the holiday sprit, I think we'll have so much fun this year.  I haven't started my Christmas shopping, it shouldn't be too difficult because every time we ask Clare what she wants Santa to bring her she says a hoop.  I'm not sure why she wants a hoop so desperately, but you better believe there will be one next to the tree on Christmas morning. 



No comments:

Post a Comment