Monday, December 17, 2012

Daddy Merrell's


Clare has a thing about shoes, and by thing I don't mean that she has a million pairs and loves them.  Clare likes to wear the same two pairs of shoes and will not wear anything else.  Last week we set out for a shopping adventure for new play shoes, I even promised her a pink balloon if she was good.  As soon as we arrived at the shoe store she got cold feet and refused to measure her foot or try any on.  We finally got her to try on a new pair of play shoes, and agree to buy them.  While waiting for the clerk to return with the right size I spotted the cutest Merrell Mary Jane shoes, when I asked Clare if she liked them she said no and told me she didn't want them.   I bought them anyway. 

Of course Clare wanted to wear her old shoes home, which was fine with me, and while I paid for both pairs of shoes she became enamored with a pair of black strappy high-heeled shoes.  Thankfully the clerk was finished and I was able to convince her that we didn’t have anything to wear them with, so she put them back. 

The next day when it was time to get dressed for school I brought over her new play shoes, the Merrell’s had to be ordered and shipped, she refused to wear them.  I figured I’d just try again the next day; only she refused to wear them then also. 

I figured maybe I was going to lose the new shoe battle, until the Merrell’s arrived.  I didn’t even get them both out of the box before she was taking off her other shoes and asking me to take the tags off.  She loves them!!!



So, now we have one pair of play shoes she refuses to wear, one pair of incredibly cute Daddy Merrell shoes, two pairs of crocs and a pair of boots.  I think she’s set! 

1 comment:

  1. My kid always was losing a shoe at that age. Glad to see a pair intact, now get a fresh post out, stat!

    ReplyDelete